CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 12, 2011

I've become obsessed...


OBSESSED with cooking. :) I love it! I cant wait to try something new each night! Tonight I tried this. It turned out AMAZING. you have to try it.

1 lb. chicken breasts with seasonings (1-2 tsp. dried basil, parsley and rosemary; 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes; salt and pepper to taste. Rub into chicken breasts. I also flattened the chicken with a rolling pin before seasoning.)
2 tsp. olive oil
8 oz. dry pasta (I used Conchiglie)
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 T. butter
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tsp. cornstarch
2 c. fresh broccoli florets
salt and pepper to taste
2 T. grated Parmesan cheese

Cook chicken in olive oil until done and browned. Set aside.

Cook pasta until "almost" done. Drain.

Add Broccoli to boiling water Cook for about 5 minutes.

Stir butter and garlic in saucepan. Cook until garlic caramelizes. Add cream and cornstarch and stir on medium heat until thickened. Add pasta. Stir in chicken and broccoli and simmer until noodles are done.

I did double the sauce because once I used these amounts I realized it was not going to cover everything.. plus my husband and I like sauce. a lot. :)



Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.

2 comments:

Brady,McCall said...

Yum! sounds delicious!!! We will have to try this sometime!!!

Carly said...

oh yeah! can't ever go wrong with heavy cream!